UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR A SENIOR SALES DIRECTOR
About the company:
This leading global company in the workwear branche, develops and produces the most comprehensive ranges of proven, high-performance products in protective clothing. Sectors of activity are chemical industry, utilities, steel & Metal, welding applications, healthcare, automotive, building & construction.
Headquatered in the US, we are looking for a Sales Director Europe & Africa, based in the Netherlands.
Job Description: Sales Director Europe and Africa – Industrial Safety and Workwear – Netherlands
You will be responsible for implementing our strategic sales plan and achieving financial performance goals in the Industrial Safety and Workwear market in the European region.
• Responsible for managing a team of Regional Sales/End Use Marketing managers (9), some agents and the Customer Service Department (1 department manager and 6 employees).
• Further developing a high performance sales team with whom you jointly define and execute appropriate sales strategies.
• Going on joint visits with the sales team.
• Working closely together with other departments (Operations, R&D, Marketing, Finance, HR) to ensure sales can achieve maximum results.
• Achieve maximum Sales Growth and market share objectives through effective and inspirational leadership of the sales and CS team.
• Ensure our organization supports our customers in such a way that guarantees maximum customer satisfaction levels.
• Helping our customers drive sales growth by strong performance management of the sales team.
• Create strong relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels.
• Ability to identify and solve client issues strategically.
• Continuously assess the marketplace to identify new business opportunities at end user level through the sales team.
• Covering the whole of Europe and Africa, you must have a strong leadership profile and be results driven.
• Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
• Ensures organizational support that enables sales to maximize results by amongst others working closely together with Operations to achieve the right service and quality levels, with R&D and product management for portfolio management and innovations, with Marketing to coordinate necessary communications support, with HR for hiring, developing and retaining your team and with Finance for budgeting, forecasting, follow-up of results.
• Strong leadership profile, team player, with a dynamic skill set.
• 10+ years of experience in successfully managing sales teams.
• 5+ years of experience in the Safety and/or Textile PPE industry.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence peers and customers.
• Strong networking capability.
• Ambitious self-starter.
• Works with strong sense of urgency.
• Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the organization.
• Strong negotiator
• Good command of oral and written English, Dutch, German and one other language is preferred (ideally French).
• Willingness to travel extensively with the sales team and our customers.
• Strong man manager who will lead from the front in terms of sales.
What's for you?
An extra-ordinary opportunity in a solid organization where you can develop the strategy with an excellent team of professionals
Interesting salary conditions with extra's like you would expect for these kind of unique jobs!